commons-user mailing list archives

From Sverre Aleksandersen <sverre.aleksander...@gmail.com>
Subject [net] FTP server-to-server resume
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:34:02 GMT
Hello,

I’m refactoring a Java EE application that uses apache commons net FTP library to facilitate
FTP transfers between two servers. The code is almost identical to the code posted as an example
on the web page, http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/examples/ftp/ServerToServerFTP.java.
The files that are being transferred sometimes exceed 60 gb, and even though the timeout is
set quite high, and the largest transfers are over a LAN, I’m still seeing some exceptions.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to implement the REST function in FTP, i.e. resume of
transfers. The servers support it so it only needs to be implemented using commons.
So far I’ve gathered that I need to use getRestartOffset and setRestartOffset.
I have not been able to locate any resources or examples online of how this can be implemented
in a server-to-server transfer and was wondering whether anybody has any pointers or examples?

Thanks in advance,
Sverre