commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-logging]Log4JLogger does not implement Log when deploying on websphere 8.5.01
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:08:50 GMT
On 01/20/2014 08:37 PM, Julio Enrique Santana Lora wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I am facing this problem when trying to deploy an EAR file to websphere
> 8.5.0.1. The EAR only contains on its dependencies
>
> commons-logging-1.1.3.jar
> log4j-1.2.17.jar
>
> and a single JSF page.
>
> The problem ocurs when initiliazing the server provided myfaces library,
> which needs commons-logging. The stack trace is pasted at the bottom. The
> application and we module classloaders are setted as parent last.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated

This is most likely due to the fact that websphere already ships
commons-logging and that classes are loaded from different classloaders.

Afaik, you do not put your own commons-logging into the EAR you want to
deploy, but in case you need to, you should better follow the
instructions here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27010153&aid=1

Thomas