commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: 16-bit pgm images
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 04:27:02 GMT
Could you please create a JIRA issue to track this?

Thank you,
Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Paul Dumais <paul@unstate.ca>
Date:12/13/2013  22:43  (GMT-05:00)
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: 16-bit pgm images

There seems to be a bug in the documentation at:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-imaging/apidocs/index.html
for the pgm format support. It claims full read support for pgm files.
However:

Reading of 16-bit pgm images does not appear to be supported. When I
display the buffered image read via the Imaging class, I see a very
fuzzy image which I imagine is what you would see if you tried to read
in a 16 bit pgm via a loader that expects 8 bits (you get overflow on
the unsigned 8 bit ints.

I think documentation should explicitly note which bit depths are supported.

Thanks!