commons-user mailing list archives

From enzhong...@pnc.com
Subject [math] BOBYQAOptimizer hang
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:58:52 GMT
I ran into a case that BOBYQAOptimizer hang in line 485. trsbox is pretty
complex method and I'm not familiar with the algorithm. It seems going
into infinite loop between different states.

            final double[] dsqCrvmin = trsbox(delta, gnew, xbdi, s,
                                              hs, hred);

Here is the test case for it. After reducing the value to <2.24 it hang in
trsbox method without progress.

Can someone shed light on what might be happening, and how to deal with
it? Thanks.

Andrew

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have
no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender.
Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement
of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under
US Law. The postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail
address, click here to unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp
By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional
messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your
subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails.