commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Is there a roadmap for 1.4.1? Is the project still alive?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:56:51 GMT
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Bal√°zs Zsoldos

> Hi,
> It has been a long time since 1.4 was released. There are many critical
> (blocker in many cases) issues with contributions and patches in the Jira
> system that have been opened since a long time.
> I saw that commons-pool 2.0 was released recently. Does this mean that
> there will be a new commons-dbcp release that use commons-pool 2.0?

> If yes,
> when?

There is no hard schedule. My guess, at least one issue is being addressed
for [pool] 2.0.1 maintenance release, after that attention should shift to

> Will be the contributions in Jira reviewed?

I hope so!

> Commons-dbcp is the only vendor-independent choice (probably xapool but
> that seems to have even less support) for developers who want to use
> connection pooling with JTA transactions. It would be a pitty if this
> project project died.
> Thanks and regards,
> Balazs Zsoldos

E-Mail: |
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition <>
Spring Batch in Action <>