commons-user mailing list archives

From Carl Erberg <carlerb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] TLS not verified properly (security issue)
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:55:18 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thanks for your help and pointing out System.setProperty("javax.net.debug",
"all");
I found out that I had two problems:

a) I had the key for that CA added to my Debian system some time ago so the
validation which I expected to fail did not. I just didn't remember. Stupid
me.

b) I used the gnu javamail implementation. This one still does not
complain, even when I remove my CA from the system via "dpkg-reconfigure
ca-certificates" .  Now I use the jar from
https://java.net/projects/javamail/pages/Home and everything works as it
should (i.e. I get an error when the CA is removed).

Could you test your example with the gnu javamail? I would be interested if
my CA is still stored in some other keystore used by gnu javamail or if gnu
javamail has a problem.

Thanks

Carl