commons-user mailing list archives

From Rui Vil√£o <>
Subject Validating expressions
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:57:27 GMT
Hi all,

Is there any way of validating expressions before "runtime"?

In our product currently we're building a context for the expressions and
we try to run them. The problem is with the boolean results; for instance:

!"hello".equals("hello") and <faulty branch>

the second branch is not evaluated because the first is false and there's
no need to do it.

>From what I could see there's no way of validating the expression as a
whole, but is there at least a way of getting the tree and try to run parts
of the expression isolated?

Please if you have any other ideas I'm all ears :)

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,