commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] when is commons configuration 2.0 is planned to be released?
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:29:58 GMT
Hi Dmitriy,

thanks for your interest in Commons Configuration.

Am 27.09.2013 13:08, schrieb Dmitriy Litvak:
> Configuration commons 2.0 has been sitting in svn for more than a year.
> Are there plans to release it soon?
>
> Thank you!

Well, there is still some work to do. On my to-do list, there is at
least one major point (a mechanism to define default settings for
configurations) and some minor things. Not to forget, documentation has
to be updated, and a migration guide to be provided.

Note that version 2.0 is not compatible with the 1.x series, some parts
of the library have been redesigned. Because of this, there will be an
alpha release first in order to gain feedback from users. I *hope* that
this can be done until the end of this year, but I cannot promise.

It would be great if you could comment on the changed API and what is
still missing. However, due to the outdated documentation, this is
probably not too easy.

Hope this answers your question
Oliver