commons-user mailing list archives

From JavaWebDev <javaweb...@verizon.net>
Subject JCS disk only and expiration config question
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:27:28 GMT
I'm new to using JCS and have some questions regarding configuring it
the way I want.

First. The user and dev mailing lists haven't been active lately and the
wiki seemed outdated in some sections. (ex: no longer a .commons
package). Is JCS still being worked on? I chose it because it seems
faster than ehcache and I need the disk cache to persist across servlet
container restarts.

Ideally I'd like to write cache to disk immediately in case the servlet
crashes without being able to call dispose(). Should I set MaxObjects to
0 in the region definition of cache.ccf?

I'd like the objects in disk cache to expire after 7 days. Which
configuration parameter(s) do I need to change?

Thanks.