commons-user mailing list archives

From Programmer <dexd...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons Pooling request queue algorithm?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:48:20 GMT
Hi,

We use apache commons pooling 1.6 in our enterprise application to pool LDAP
connections. If the number of active connections in the pool is exhausted,
the API is set to wait for 5 seconds before rejecting a connection request.

Now can someone please clarify about the order in which the connection
object requests are served by the API at run time? Is it FIFO - by which I
mean that the worker thread that requested for an active connection from the
exhausted pool will get the first preference when a new connection object
becomes available? Or is it LIFO, which is the vice versa?

Please lemme know if I should clarify this further. Any light on this
behavior is greatly appreciated. :)

- Programmer.