commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [imaging] DISPLAY required?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 22:26:24 GMT
On 7 August 2013 22:39, Thad Humphries <> wrote:
> Does any part of the commons-imaging library require the host system to
> have a DISPLAY?

I don't think so.
As far as I know, the Continuum CI server runs headless and the test
cases don't report HeadlessException.
But the test cases may not exercise every part of the code.

> If so, what are they? Can I avoid those parts of the
> library that cannot run headless? For example, parts of AWT need a DISPLAY,
> others don't. In servlets, I avoid those calls that won't run headless.

If you find a dependency on having a DISPLAY, please report it via
JIRA as ideally the code should not depend on one.