commons-user mailing list archives

From Štefan Šimík <>
Subject [math] Genetic algorithm: automatic stopping when ideal solution was found
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 23:30:11 GMT
I checked the genetic algorithm - and it works so that
it evolves new generations until stopping condition returns true.

There are 2 implementations of StoppingCondition now:
1) FixedElapsedTime
2) FixedGenerationTime

What I am missing in the algorithm is the concept of automatic finishing,
when ideal/optimal solution was found.
I think, this should be implemented in the basic algorithm without
additional programming (such as implementing custom
StoppingCondition, which stops algorithm when ideal solution was found).

What do you think about it guys?

Best regards