commons-user mailing list archives

From Štefan Šimík <stefan.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Genetic algorithm: automatic stopping when ideal solution was found
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:53:30 GMT
I thought about it,
and now I see, that in most real-world problems the "ideal" solution cannot
be specified, because no one knows,
if it is really the best possible solution, that can exist.

Now I see, that the need for stopping condition when the "right" solution
was evolved, was born in world of academic examples.
When using GA in real use-cases, this is very rare requirement.

Thanx for good question ;)
Best regards
Stefan