commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Miller <andrew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] Java Service stop acting differently on different machines
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:56:32 GMT
A follow-up to this... we discovered that if we re-wrote the Service to
have the start method block until the stop method is called, the Service is
stopped cleanly on the machines that displayed the 1067 error code
previously.  I know the main documentation page says that if you use the
jvm mode this is the proper way to code the Service to work, but the
Service appeared to work fine without blocking on all the machines on which
we did the early development on, so we figured we could get away without
implementing the block.  Still, would be curious to determine what's
different on the machines where the shutdown failure occurs.  We deploy
with a common JRE instance so I would think this may be Windows
configuration difference.

--
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer." -- Honus
Wagner