commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Kopp <kopp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-configuration question
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:33:03 GMT
Hi,

> I hope I am asking in the right place. I could not find a user group per se
> that supports this. Please point me in the right direction if this isn't a
> good place to ask questions.

Yes, this is the right place (as far as I understood :))

> Does the commons-configuration API support the formats used by the java
> Preferences API?

In my experience: Yes.

I instantiate a "PropertiesConfiguration" object and attach an
AutoSaveListener to have the file updated properly when a
configuration value is changed.
Apache Commons Configuration also has an autosave listner built in (as
far as I remember), but I don't find the code lines, I used before
adding a self-made AutoSaveListener.

Cheers,

Oliver