commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [configuration] Re: commons-configuration question
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:45:53 GMT
Hello Brian,

Am 22.07.2013 18:48, schrieb Brian McCormick:
> I hope I am asking in the right place. I could not find a user group per se
> that supports this. Please point me in the right direction if this isn't a
> good place to ask questions.

yes, this is the correct place. However, this is a shared list for all
Commons components. Therefore, convention is to prefix the subject with
the name of the component you are interested in (as I have done).

> I am evaluating whether to use the commons-configuration in my development
> as opposed to the java Preferences API. The 1.0 version of the app has
> already been released with the user preferences stored using Java
> Preferences API.
>

> Does the commons-configuration API support the formats used by the java
> Preferences API? It looks like it provides interoperability with the java
> Properties API but I didn't see anything about the Preferences API.

I assume you would like to access a Preferences object through the
Configuration interface? Unfortunately, this is currently not supported.
There is an implementation of such a class in an experimental branch,
but it is not mature or in a shape to be released.

Sorry
Oliver