commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Re: Pass ConvergenceChecker to BOBYQAOptimizer
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:31:27 GMT
Hi.

[Do not forget to indicate "[Math]" in the subject line of a post
to this ML, as it is shared by many projects.]

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:06:01 -0400, enzhong.fu@pnc.com wrote:
> I want to stop TooManyEvaluationException by passing a
> ConvergenceChecker
> to BOBYQAOptimizer. In the ConvergenceChecker I will check iteration
> and
> return true if it is reached. But BOBYQAOptimizer does not accept
> ConvergenceChecker in constructor even though its parent class does.
> How
> do I pass ConvergenceChecker to BOBYQAOptimizer?

As it's been advertized in all release notes since version 3.0, the
code in "BOBYQAOptimizer" is alpha. The code seems to work as the
FORTRAN original but is otherwise extremely difficult to modify
without ill consequences. In particular, it's not reached as state
where a custom convergence checker could have been easily added.
For more info, see issue

Sorry,
Gilles