commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dahake, Nikhil" <ndah...@uncc.edu>
Subject [Math]Higher precision for Significance using Math Component
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:17:41 GMT
Hi,

I am using the SimpleRegression class's getSignificance() method to calculate the Significance
on certain data. The lowest non zero value that this method currently returns is : 2.220446e-16
(for the data that I am analyzing).

However, I need a higher precision. For example, on analysis with an another library the lowest
non zero value I got was : 9.262178e-98

How can I get a very high precision with regards to significance using the SimpleRegression
class? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Nikhil Dahake