commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] create 7zip archive
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:57:14 GMT
On 2013-06-06, <literakl@centrum.cz> wrote:

> I realized that trunk has support for reading 7z archive.

And even read support is incomplete, we currently lack LZMA support
(only LZMA2 is present).  The good news is that XZ for Java's trunk now
supports LZMA directly so we are on our way to complete read support.

> But I miss write 7z archive feature. Would you consider adding this
> feature?

Consider?  Sure.  It's just a matter of anybody finding the time to
write the code :-)

More seriously, even read-only support is pretty new and it took a lot
of effort, there is no ETA for write support.

Stefan