commons-user mailing list archives

From Leos Literak <liter...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: [compress] create 7zip archive
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:13:23 GMT
I understand Stephan. I am happy to see the first partial java implementation. The situation
is bad - no java support, unix version lacks some features (multi volume support). I have
to maintain one proprietary implementation and I seek how to replace it. Well, at least I
can study your reader, as I hate 7zFormat.txt. It is not formal and I have to guess what its
author meant.

Leoš

On 2013-06-06, <literakl@centrum.cz> wrote:

> I realized that trunk has support for reading 7z archive.

And even read support is incomplete, we currently lack LZMA support
(only LZMA2 is present).  The good news is that XZ for Java's trunk now
supports LZMA directly so we are on our way to complete read support.

> But I miss write 7z archive feature. Would you consider adding this
> feature?

Consider?  Sure.  It's just a matter of anybody finding the time to
write the code :-)

More seriously, even read-only support is pretty new and it took a lot
of effort, there is no ETA for write support.

Stefan