commons-user mailing list archives

From luca.marche...@univr.it
Subject [math] smoothing techniques
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 17:54:23 GMT

Dear all,
I would like to know if in math commons is implemented an algorithm that can be used for cleaning
a noisy time series.
I have the following problem: in my Java application I need to run some calculations on a
set of time series of experimental data. Before applying my algorithms, I would like to apply
a suitable smoothing technique for reducing the noise in the data.
Usually, when I work with Matlab, I solve the problem by means of the fitting toolbox and,
more specifically, by substituting the noisy time series with those obtained by applying the
Smoothing spline fitting algorithm (which is, more or less, the same of the smooth.spline algorithm
implemented in R).
Is there something similar implemented in math commons?

Thank you very much for the support,

Luca