commons-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <>
Subject [vfs] Use File.createTempFile in DefaultFileReplicator
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:36:18 GMT
I was looking at the code to see if collisions could occur and if it would
retry in the case where collisions did occur.  It seems that collisions can
occur, since the name is based on a random 16 bit in.  It seems like the
code will throw an error if a collision occurs, but I am not sure.

Why doesn't org.apache.commons.vfs2.impl.DefaultFileReplicator use
File.createTempFile(String, String, File)?  I was thinking of
subclassing DefaultFileReplicator and overriding to use
File.createTempFile().  But I was wondering if there was an issue with this