commons-user mailing list archives

From François Laferrière <francoislaferrie...@yahoo.fr>
Subject math : optim package documentation
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 13:38:20 GMT
Hello,

I am, I am a seasonned java developper and I am developping some personal research project
in DSP.

I need to assess different optim methods for a familly of numerically differntiable functions
in R^n.
So far I implemented a few of them on my own (gradient descent, Newton, quasi-Newton).

I just discovered that commons-maths 3.2 provide a framework for multivariables function.
So I would be very happy to use the existing optim classes as is, and also, as a base for
form own development.

Unfortunately, neither the online dev guide, nor the the javadoc is sufficient to use, for
instance GradientMultivariateOptimizer : it has no specific javadoc for the key methods optimise
and parseOptimisationData.

Is there some documentation somewher to help me?

thanks advance

François Laferrière