commons-user mailing list archives

From John Boyer <johnboye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:10:27 GMT
UPDATE: Unfortunately, using the absolute and relative classpaths results in the same error.

We haven't been able to get this to work on UNIX or Mac OS X. I think we'll need to look at
other alternatives such as the Java Service Wrapper.

UNIX Error: "JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path"

Mac OS X: "Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader"

Regards,

John

On Apr 29, 2013, at 8:46 AM, John Boyer <johnboyer99@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi TM:
>
> Thanks, I will try this. In any case, I believe if the log message mentioned the "classpath"
explicitly it would have saved me a lot of time. It's unclear what the real object of the
sentence is or what path it's referring to. Just spitting out the classpath in the log message
would've given me a clue as to what it was complaining about.

> JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
>
> Thanks again,
>
> John
>
> On Apr 28, 2013, at 9:42 PM, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 04/28/2013 11:05 PM, John Boyer wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to run jsvc on Ubuntu Linux (10.04.4). I'm getting a re-exec path
error. I've sunk a lot of hours into this. I'm beginning to think I should have used the Java
Service Wrapper Community Edition instead.