commons-user mailing list archives

From Maurizio Cucchiara <>
Subject Re: [LANG] How to escape JSON data
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:54:14 GMT
> Anyway, my lib is mainly written for my own use. It seems I have never
> sent a slash with json, so it didn't pop up.
Many javascript libraries work smoothly with slashes.

> That said I will move on
> to escapeJavaScript now, which I actually missed.
you mean escapeEcmaScript? if yes, beware that it escapes the
apostrophe, and this will likely harm your app.

> Looks good at first glance - what prevents you to commit it?
Lang is not my territory, I have been waiting for other comments.
Anyway, you are right, I'm going to commit the patch ASAP.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message