commons-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Lemasle <olivier.lema...@apalia.net>
Subject [daemon] Stop and force-stop with jsvc
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:49:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Apache Commons Daemon and jsvc to run my Java program as a daemon
on GNU/Linux, using Daemon interface.

I'd like to have two "stop" actions:
- a simple "stop" which cancels new tasks and waits for the completion of
active tasks on my application, and then stops;
- a "force-stop", which cancels new tasks, interrupts the active tasks,
and stops.

Is there a way to do this with Jsvc? When I use "jsvc -stop ...", the
method stop() in my class implementing the Daemon interface is called, and
I have no choice to "force-stop". Could you please suggest a way to solve
my issue?

Thanks,

--
Olivier Lemasle