commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:17:54 GMT
'Mornin John

so to recap

prepend /usr/local/bin/jsvc to $PATH

put "-jvm server -debug -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk" ON $JAVA_OPTS

prepend /usr/local/bin/commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar to $CLASSPATH

then automate the process with
https://github.com/jeroenr/Maven-Jsvc-Plugin

glad you're on your way to a solution!

Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: Re: [daemon] JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
> From: johnboyer99@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:47:57 -0700
> To: user@commons.apache.org
>
> Hi:
>
> UPDATE:
> The UNIX error message is referring to the absolute path of the jsvc executable. When
I invoked the executable with its absolute path it worked. I assume it's the same problem
on Mac OS X.

> /usr/local/bin/jsvc -jvm server -debug -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk -cp /usr/local/bin/commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:myjar.jar
MyDaemonClass

> I'm really happy it's working now.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>
> On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:10 AM, John Boyer <johnboyer99@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > UPDATE: Unfortunately, using the absolute and relative classpaths results in the
same error.

> > We haven't been able to get this to work on UNIX or Mac OS X. I think we'll need
to look at other alternatives such as the Java Service Wrapper.

> > UNIX Error: "JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path"
> >
> > Mac OS X: "Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader"
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John
> >

> > On Apr 29, 2013, at 8:46 AM, John Boyer <johnboyer99@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi TM:
> >>
> >> Thanks, I will try this. In any case, I believe if the log message mentioned
the "classpath" explicitly it would have saved me a lot of time. It's unclear what the real
object of the sentence is or what path it's referring to. Just spitting out the classpath
in the log message would've given me a clue as to what it was complaining about.

> >> JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
> >>
> >> Thanks again,
> >>
> >> John

path error. I've sunk a lot of hours into this. I'm beginning to think I should have used
the Java Service Wrapper Community Edition instead.

John