commons-user mailing list archives

From John Boyer <johnboye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:47:57 GMT
Hi:

UPDATE:
The UNIX error message is referring to the absolute path of the jsvc executable. When I invoked
the executable with its absolute path it worked. I assume it's the same problem on Mac OS
X.

/usr/local/bin/jsvc -jvm server -debug -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk -cp /usr/local/bin/commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:myjar.jar
MyDaemonClass

I'm really happy it's working now.

Regards,

John

On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:10 AM, John Boyer <johnboyer99@gmail.com> wrote:

> UPDATE: Unfortunately, using the absolute and relative classpaths results in the same
error.

> We haven't been able to get this to work on UNIX or Mac OS X. I think we'll need to look
at other alternatives such as the Java Service Wrapper.

> UNIX Error: "JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path"
>
> Mac OS X: "Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader"
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>

> On Apr 29, 2013, at 8:46 AM, John Boyer <johnboyer99@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi TM:
>>
>> Thanks, I will try this. In any case, I believe if the log message mentioned the
"classpath" explicitly it would have saved me a lot of time. It's unclear what the real object
of the sentence is or what path it's referring to. Just spitting out the classpath in the
log message would've given me a clue as to what it was complaining about.

>> JSVC re-exec requires execution with an absolute or relative path
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> John

error. I've sunk a lot of hours into this. I'm beginning to think I should have used the Java
Service Wrapper Community Edition instead.