commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: commons-email sending email twice?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 17:03:01 GMT
Hi folks,

log seems okay - a few hints

A hint every message constructed by the mail api has a unique mail id 
(if not overwritten by the application)  - if your duplicates have 
different mail ids then the application sent indeed two emails

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 30.03.13 07:43, Maurizio Cucchiara wrote:
> Looking at the log, seems everything right to me.
>
> Anyway, when I face this kind of trouble (SMTP protocol is a strange beast
> :)), my best friend is tcpdump/wireshark.
> Tcpdump will address you to the side where you have to investigate.
>
>
> Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
> G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
> Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
> VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara
>
> Maurizio Cucchiara
>
>
> On 30 March 2013 01:48, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was able to redirect the system outputs to the log file...just easier
>> that way for me.  Here is what's in the log file (with some email addresses
>> mods to protect the innocent):
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,524 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.4.4
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,533 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: successfully loaded
>> resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,533 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: Tables of loaded
>> providers
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,533 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: Providers Listed By
>> Class Name:
>>
>> {com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc]}
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,533 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: Providers Listed By
>> Protocol:
>> {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>> imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>>
>> smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>> pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>> pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc],
>> smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc]}
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,533 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: successfully loaded
>> resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,543 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG: getProvider()
>> returning
>> javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun
>> Microsystems, Inc]
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,543 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true,
>> useAuth true
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,543 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true,
>> useAuth true
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,543 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect
>> to host "smtp.gmail.com", port 587, isSSL false
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,567 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 220 mx.google.com ESMTP
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,567 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: connected to host
>> "smtp.gmail.com", port: 587
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,567 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - EHLO
>> ip-10-144-154-209.ec2.internal
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250-mx.google.com at your
>> service, [23.23.77.108]
>> 250-SIZE 35882577
>> 250-8BITMIME
>> 250-STARTTLS
>> 250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "SIZE", arg "35882577"
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "8BITMIME", arg ""
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "STARTTLS", arg ""
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES", arg ""
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,585 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - STARTTLS
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,596 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,680 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - EHLO
>> ip-10-144-154-209.ec2.internal
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250-mx.google.com at your
>> service, [23.23.77.108]
>> 250-SIZE 35882577
>> 250-8BITMIME
>> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH XOAUTH2
>> 250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "SIZE", arg "35882577"
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "8BITMIME", arg ""
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "AUTH", arg "LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH XOAUTH2"
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Found extension
>> "ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES", arg ""
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,691 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Attempt to
>> authenticate
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,692 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: check mechanisms:
>> LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 NTLM
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,692 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - AUTH LOGIN
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,703 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,703 [main] INFO  SYSOUT -
>> bGVhZHNAa2V5c3RvbmVmdW5kaW5nLmNvbQ==
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,715 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,715 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - bGVhZHMyMDEy
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,968 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 235 2.7.0 Accepted
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,968 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: use8bit false
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,968 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - MAIL FROM:<
>> leads@mydomain.com>
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,980 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250 2.1.0 OK
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,980 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - RCPT TO:<
>> jmartin@mydomain.com>
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,992 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250 2.1.5 OK
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:49,992 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - RCPT TO:<dave@gmail.com>
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,003 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250 2.1.5 OK
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,003 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP: Verified
>> Addresses
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,003 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP:   jmartin <
>> jmartin@mydomain.com>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,004 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DEBUG SMTP:   dave <
>> dave@gmail.com>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,004 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - DATA
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,268 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 354  Go ahead
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,269 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
>> 00:30:49 +0000 (UTC)
>> From: leads@mydomain.com
>> To: jmartin <jmartin@mydomain.com>, dave <dave@gmail.com>
>> Message-ID: <2143726487.2.1364603449543.JavaMail.stonedev@ip-10-144-154-209
>>>
>> Subject: Report [3/29/13]
>> MIME-Version: 1.0
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>
>>
>> -----------------------------
>> Email Body
>> -----------------------------
>> .
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,831 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 250 2.0.0 OK 1364603273
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,832 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - QUIT
>>
>> 2013-03-30 00:30:50,843 [main] INFO  SYSOUT - 221 2.0.0 closing connection
>> dt10sm10366067qab.0 - gsmtp
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Maurizio Cucchiara
>> <mcucchiara@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> if you want obtain the system.out from a scheduled job, you can redirect
>>> the output on a file:
>>>
>>> for example:
>>>
>>> scheduled_job > /tmp/out.txt
>>>
>>> Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
>>> G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
>>> Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
>>> VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara
>>>
>>> Maurizio Cucchiara
>>>
>>>
>>> On 29 March 2013 20:30, David Hoffer <dhoffer6@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> This runs as a cron job...so no console is used.  Not sure then how to
>>> get
>>>> the debug info...may have to reconfigure to run in console.  Perhaps I
>>> can
>>>> configure log4j to redirect System.out and System.err...I'll check
>> that.
>>>>
>>>> -Dave
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Thomas Neidhart <
>>>> thomas.neidhart@gmail.com
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On 03/29/2013 01:32 PM, David Hoffer wrote:
>>>>>> Hum, I set setDebug(true) but I'm not seeing more info the
>> logs...and
>>>>>> logging is set to DEBUG level.  How do I configure this so the
>> debug
>>>> goes
>>>>>> to the log?
>>>>>
>>>>> the debug output will go to System.out or System.err, so you will not
>>>>> find it in the output of your logging provider.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thomas
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message