commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric HENON <eric.he...@univ-reims.fr>
Subject non linear regression
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 05:52:03 GMT
Hello,

I need to perform a non linear regression using this
 function: y = a + b lnx -c/x  (a,b,c) being the parameters.
I want to do this within the java language.

I have a set of points (y1,x1), (y2, x2), … (yn, xn).

The least square solver available in commons apache seemed
to me a possible way to solve this, but it needs the jacobian matrix,
which in my case, depends on the "c" parameter itself …

This, I don't know how to implement the MultiVariateMatrixFunction jacobian()
in this case.

jacobian[i][0]= 1;
jacobian[i][1]= ln x;
jacobian[i][2]=  ???  (+c/x^2) ??
The problem is that the "c" parameter appears in the formula here...

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Eric