commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation links redirect to wrong version of ApiDoc?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:29:24 GMT
On 26 March 2013 14:39, Hoefler, Andreas <andreas.hoefler@infonova.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd just like to check back if there has been a change to the addresses of the Apache
Commons Javadoc.
> Until a few weeks ago the links from the top Google search results presented the latest
stable API documentation but currently it seems that it's somehow redirected to the SVN tip
version.

> E.g.
>   http://commons.apache.org/collections/apidocs/org/apache/commons/collections/CollectionUtils.html
> was (if I remember correctly) not redirected. But now it redirects to
>   https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections//apidocs/org/apache/commons/collections/CollectionUtils.html<https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/apidocs/org/apache/commons/collections/CollectionUtils.html>
> which is not only a strange url ( '//' )

Now fixed.

> but also different than its probable intended target
>   https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/javadocs/api-release/org/apache/commons/collections/CollectionUtils.html
>
> Or am I completely wrong here?

The content of the apidocs directory is auto-generated for the current
version - note that the heading says 4.0-SNAPSHOT.
[However this may vary between components]

Javadoc versions for released versions are normally linked from
separate items in the LHS menu.

> Best regards,
> Andreas
> ________________________________
> INFONOVA GmbH
> Sitz: Unterpremst?tten bei Graz
> Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht f?r ZRS Graz
> Firmenbuchnummer: FN 44354b
>
> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution,
retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy
of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof
from your system.