commons-user mailing list archives

From Jared Griffith <jgriff...@picsauditing.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] jsvc Segmentation Fault
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:27:15 GMT
Thanks, for those that might run into it, for whatever reason jsvc daemon
is looking for libcap.so, so you have to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lib64"
(that's what I had to do), adjust the /lib to where ever your libcap.so
exists.  Why we have to do this to get it to run is beyond me, maybe there
should be a bug report about it?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Ognjen Blagojevic <
ognjen.d.blagojevic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jared,
>

> On 27.3.2013 18:06, Jared Griffith wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> i am having a problem trying to migrate our commons daemon application to
>> 1.0.14. I am currently running 1.0.10 with Sun JDK 1.7.0_17.  When passing
>> the same arguments to the new 1.0.14 jsvc binary, it simply exits with a
>> Segmentation Fault and no more information.
>>
>> Here is the command that I am trying to run:
>> /usr/local/jsvc/jsvc -server -outfile /var/log/jsvc/jsvc.out
>> -Dloglevel=DEBUG -errfile /var/log/jsvc/jsvc.log -java-home
>> /usr/java/latest -user jsvc -cp
>> /usr/local/jsvc/jar/lib/**commons-daemon-1.0.14.jar:/**
>> usr/local/jsvc/jar/lib/*
>> com.picsauditing.framework.**daemon.BackgroundProcesses
>>
>> I have enabled debug and I don't see anything that jumps out at me when I
>> run that.  Here's the output of when I add -debug to that command line:
>> http://pastebin.com/AMfGb24Z
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>

> I believe you stumbled at the same issue as I did. Read this thread for
> possible workaround:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/**dev@tomcat.apache.org/**msg72315.html<http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tomcat.apache.org/msg72315.html>
>
> -Ognjen

Jared Griffith