commons-user mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject commons-email sending email twice?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:30:16 GMT
I've got a strange one.  I'm using commons-email to send some email, that
is being sent to two recipients so I call addTo() twice, once for each
recipients, then I call send() once.  I can tell I'm calling send() once
per the log files.

However two messages get sent.  I'm using GMail to send.  I can tell two
got sent because it logs two sent in GMail's Sent Mail folder. And each of
the recipients get duplicate emails.  They both have the same send and
receive timestamp.

This program runs and does this twice per day, happens to be at midnight
and at 1am.  To try to keep GMail from combining/threading the messages the
subject contains the date.  So since we send the email an hour apart these
both have the same subject...and since the emails are duplicated we have 4
combined/threaded messages per day in our Sent Mail folder.  However we
should only have 2.

This started happening about a month ago and we were using commons-email
1.3, I since upgraded to 1.3.1 and get the same behavior.

I don't know if this issue is with commons-email or GMail, or why it
started...it used to work fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Have any pointers how I might resolve
this?

Thanks,
-Dave