commons-user mailing list archives

From Renè Glanzer <rene.glan...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Update to commons-logging-1.1.1 caused log4j problems
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:07:08 GMT
Hi Mr. Sese,

when we introduced commons-logging in one of our projects where log4j
already were used, we had the problem that the entire application could not
been loaded by Tomcat-7. The logs showed some wired
ClassNotFoundExceptions. It took us lots of time to find out, that we only
had to put a file with the name "commons-logging.properties" to the
classpath of the application with following content:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

This solved our problem. Maybe it also will help you, or might show you a
hint to where your problem might be?

with kind regards
René Glanzer