commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Šílený <jan.sil...@gmail.com>
Subject commons daemon weird behaviour
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:38:12 GMT
Dear mailing list,
I have run into a strange behavior while using procrun to wrap my java
application as a Windows service. This issue is linked to DatagramSocket,
which is created and bound to local port inside the "service". So, what is
going on: If I run the application as a service, the DatagramSocket stops
receiving any datagrams after lets say five minutes of proper work. On the
other hand, if I run my jar simply as a java application (via java -jar
xxx.jar) everything works fine whole time without this issue. I have used
tcpdump on the router which is source of these datagrams and the network
traffic is correct, what more, I also used jpcap to see if these packets
arrive on the local port and yes, they arrive. Next strange thing is, that
if I send some datagram out trough this socket, it starts to work again,
but only for lets say next five minutes, after this time, situation repeats
and nothing else gets received from this time on, even though I see data
arrived in the network dumps. There is probably everything fine in my code,
I am trying to solve this for several days, so I have triple checked
everything in my code.
Important configurations of my service, machine and software versions are
as follows:
commons-daemon-1.0.13,
OS Windows XP, firewall off.
default JVM, which version is 1.7.0_13-b20
memory pools and thread stack size are not set up - left blank,
startup and shutdown mode are set to jvm.
Well, I dont know if I described my problem in a good way, so if you need
some other info about my configuration or even some test case, let me know,
I can probably prepare it. I hope it will be some simple problem.

Have a nice day and thanks for your time,
Jan

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message