commons-user mailing list archives

From "cacsar@gmail.com" <cac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove headers on multipart email
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:08:00 GMT
Here's the bit of the RFC. So the field is optional, but needless to say
blocking those messages is rather strange. Is it hoping to receive
automated messages only and rejecting spec compliant messages as a spam
control feature?

     4.4.1.  FROM / RESENT-FROM

        This field contains the identity of the person(s)  who  wished
        this  message to be sent.  The message-creation process should
        default this field  to  be  a  single,  authenticated  machine
        address,  indicating  the  AGENT  (person,  system or process)
        entering the message.  If this is not done, the "Sender" field
        MUST  be  present.  If the "From" field IS defaulted this way,
        the "Sender" field is  optional  and  is  redundant  with  the
        "From"  field.   In  all  cases, addresses in the "From" field
        must be machine-usable (addr-specs) and may not contain  named
        lists (groups).

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com