commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Akerman <m...@uark.edu>
Subject RE: [validator]
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:35:59 GMT
Joe,

I'm not a "validator" user, but I do a lot of JAXP and DOM.  I'd advise that you never trust
a DTD to stay available at the published address and implement your own EntityResolver like
such:

http://xerces.apache.org/xml-commons/components/resolver/resolver-article.html

I have a small JAR file that I wrote before I was aware of the Xerces CatalogResolver, and
you're welcome to that solution as well.  I just bundle the DTDs I'm using inside the JAR,
and my EntityResolver InputStream points to ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream.

Michael Akerman
Systems Analyst
IT Services
University of Arkansas

-----Original Message-----
From: Zuffoletto, Joe Jr. [mailto:jj@zzmail.me]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:19 PM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: [validator]

Suddenly my struts 1.3 app can't find the validator DTD's. Getting the following message:

ERROR: 02-28-2013 11:15:38 - http://commons.apache.org/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://commons.apache.org/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd

And also:

ERROR: 02-28-2013 11:15:43 - Parse Fatal Error at line 5 column -1: External entity not found:
"http://jakarta.apache.or
g/commons/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5; External entity not found: "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validat
or_1_1.dtd".

Anyone know why this is happening or where the files moved to?

Thanks,

Joe