commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Problems with Java 7 on MacOS
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:47:51 GMT
On 02/26/2013 08:47 PM, Ian Emmons wrote:
> I am having trouble running commons daemon 1.0.13 on MacOS 10.8.2 with Java 7:
>

> However, with Java 1.7 this folder does not exist.  Instead, jsvc should be trying to
load this shared library:

>     $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib
>
> If I change JAVA_HOME to point to Apple's Java 1.6, then jsvc successfully finds the
JVM shared library.  (See the attached console-1.6.txt.)

Yes, Apple made a real mess with 1.7 layout. There are actually few valid layouts
for 1.7 I have seen (not counting OpenJDK), so seems this is another one.
Please open Commons Daemon JIRA issue and I'll add that to the search path.

Regards
--
^TM