commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCS Lateral Cache
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:04:40 GMT
Hi Jean-Marc,

On 25.02.13 04:18, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> Regarding DC + LTCP vs LTCP, is that an issue? Becaue if I stop all the
> nodes, I don't want them to have to re-query everything.

No, actually, it should not be an issue. However, if you want to clarify
the behavior of the LTCP cache I'd suggest to first make sure it does
what it should do. Only after you are satisfied with the results,
re-introduce the disk cache.

> If I stop a node, then I restart it, other servers will see that and will
> display the message above. Are they really disabling totally the lateral
> cache because of that? If yes, then it's an issue for my needs.

Normally, JCS constantly tries to "fix" broken caches. So I'd expect the
connection to be re-established. LateralCacheMonitor is responsible for
this. You should see the log outputs of that class later in the log.

Bye, Thomas.