commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove headers on multipart email
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 20:11:20 GMT
On 02/15/2013 10:44 PM, Ricardo Bevilacqua wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> I'm facing the following issue: my client has an SMTP server that
> blocks incomming mails that have the "from" header for some reason. If
> the mail doesn't have this header, it works.
>
> So my question is if there is a chance to remove this header.
>
> I've already tried to set the headers to "null" like this:
>
> <code>
>
>     email.setHeaders(null);
>
> </code>
>
> But that gives an exception. I also tried to set the From header empty:
>
> <code>
>
>     HashMap <String, String> headers = new HashMap<String, String>();
>
>     headers.put("From", "");
>
>     email.setHeaders(headers);
>
> </code>
>
> But that gives an exception as well.
>
> Your help is greatly  appreciated.

Hi,

as Siegfried already mentioned, this is kind of odd. I would first
investigate why the mail server rejects emails with a valid from header.

If you really want to change/omit the from header you will have to use
reflection to set it to a null value or update the embedded mime message
(depending on whether buildMimeMessage has already been called in your
case).

Thomas