commons-user mailing list archives

From "Glautier S.P." <S.P.Glaut...@soton.ac.uk>
Subject [math]
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:23:44 GMT
Dear list, I'd be grateful for any help on the following:

I am using the CMAESOptimizer in the java commons.math3 library to generate a best fit for
a model of learning to some experimental data. When I take the best parameters generated by
the optimisation and plug them into the model, the fit between the model and the data doesn't
match that which I expect on the basis of the optimisation output. In the cases I have checked
the optimiser output best fit (the value part of the PointValuePair that comes at the end
of the optimisation) is slightly larger than the value I get when I run the model using the
parameters from the optimiser output (the point part of the PointValuePair that comes at the
end of the optimisation).

I have spent quite a long time checking my code and I can't find what the problem is but it
occurred to me that there might be something about the optimisation output that I haven't
understood properly. Am I correct to assuming that the parameters produced at the end of the
optimisation are those that produced the associated best fit value?

Thanks, Steve.

__
Dr. Steven Glautier,
School of Psychology,