commons-user mailing list archives

From Ian Emmons <iemm...@bbn.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] Problems with Java 7 on MacOS
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:08:54 GMT
Mladen,

On Feb 28, 2013, at 1:47 AM, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> On 02/26/2013 08:47 PM, Ian Emmons wrote:
>> I am having trouble running commons daemon 1.0.13 on MacOS 10.8.2 with Java 7:
>>
>> However, with Java 1.7 this folder does not exist.  Instead, jsvc should be trying
to load this shared library:

>>    $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib
>>
>> If I change JAVA_HOME to point to Apple's Java 1.6, then jsvc successfully finds
the JVM shared library.  (See the attached console-1.6.txt.)

> Yes, Apple made a real mess with 1.7 layout. There are actually few valid layouts for
1.7 I have seen (not counting OpenJDK), so seems this is another one.  Please open Commons
Daemon JIRA issue and I'll add that to the search path.

Thanks, I've entered issue 281 [1].  BTW, I believe that the 1.7 layout is Oracle's doing,
not Apple's, and that it generally looks more similar to the layout on Windows than for the
older Apple Java 1.6 (which Apple did indeed make a real mess of).

-Ian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-281