commons-user mailing list archives

From ku...@dakosy.de
Subject [fileupload] Cancel FileUpload when FileSizeMax is exceeded
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 11:18:41 GMT
Hi All,

I have a JSF application which runs in JBoss 6.1 which uses internal the
Tomcat Servlet container.
I want to prevent too large file uploads and have set the property "
fileSizeMax" to 10MB within the class "FileUploadBase". It works, the file
upload throws an FileSizeLimitExceededException for all files larger than
10MB.
But the main problem is, that the whole file will be transferred over the
network. I have found this out by checking the network traffic.

How can I interrupt the file transfer when the max size is exceeded
without transferring the whole file? I assume that the file will be
transferred in multiple packages because of the web form attribute enctype
="multipart/form-data.

Best regards
Anton