commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fortner <phidia...@gmail.com>
Subject [Imaging] Embedding Region of Interest(ROI)
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:32:13 GMT
I have a number of family photographs that I'd like to annotate.  A lot of
these photographs already have people identified in them courtesy of
Picasa.  I'd like to know:

   - Is there a standard way of defining and embedding a region of interest
   in a photograph?
   - Are there any image viewers that currently use that standard?
   - Is there a way of embedding Picasa's region of interest definitions
   into the photograph? I understand that Picasa saves this metadata in a
   separate file rather than in the original photograph.

Cheers,

Mark