commons-user mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <damjan....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Imaging] Embedding Region of Interest(ROI)
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:18:13 GMT
Does the EXIF SubjectArea/SubjectLocation tag do what you want?

Damjan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Fortner <phidias51@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Subject: [Imaging] Embedding Region of Interest(ROI)
To: Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>

I have a number of family photographs that I'd like to annotate.  A lot of
these photographs already have people identified in them courtesy of
Picasa.  I'd like to know:

   - Is there a standard way of defining and embedding a region of interest
   in a photograph?
   - Are there any image viewers that currently use that standard?
   - Is there a way of embedding Picasa's region of interest definitions
   into the photograph? I understand that Picasa saves this metadata in a
   separate file rather than in the original photograph.

Cheers,

Mark