commons-user mailing list archives

From Sven Johansson <johansson.s...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] Using VFS for FTP Access in Groovy
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:00:42 GMT
Hey, list.

I'm porting a Java app to Groovy (from Play 2.0 to Grails, in fact).

This app has a page that lists incoming file on an FTP, and I've been using
vfs2 for this - works like a charm.

Turns out, that when I use the exact same code in Groovy, the FileObject
representing the root ftp folder is of type 'file' instead of folder (and
an exception
is thrown):

FileObject incomingFolder = VFS.getManager().resolveFile("
ftp://myuser:mypwd@ftp.mydomain.com/");
incomingFolder.getChildren();

I get the same behavior from a standalone Groovy-script as I get running in
Grails.

If I however move down to vfs 1.0, the FileObject return is a 'file' when
running the
GroovyScript, but remains 'folder' in Grails.

I also tried listing the contents of a subfolder - same results.

I realize this might be considered a Groovy-specific question and might be
better
asked on the grails-list or stackoverflow, but I thought I'd give it a try
here first.

Any input on what kind of nastiness could be involved in causing this would
be
greatly appreciated - suggestions on how to resolve it even more so.

Cheers/Sven