commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] list parsing on interpolated values
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:19:09 GMT
Am 07.01.2013 18:18, schrieb Isabel Fazzio:
> Hello,
> I need to use placeholders to configure multi-valued properties:
> e.g. var1=${list}
> where  list=a,b,c
>
> Something in the way the interpolation is executed, makes configuration
> consider var1 as a string: "a,b,c", instead of recognizing the list: [a, b,
> c]
> Is there a workaround for this? or maybe I'm missing something?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, in the current version interpolation does not work with
multi-valued properties. Under the hood classes from Commons Lang are
used for doing variable substitution - especially StrSubstitutor -, and
these classes exclusively operate on strings.

I am not sure whether list values can be supported in an easy way. This
would open up many corner cases, e.g. something like
var1=${list} test ${otherVar}

Seems to be a can of worms...

Oliver