commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binary Files get corrupted with FTPClient
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 18:19:06 GMT
On 7 December 2012 15:49, Ari Fainchtein <artwork@lechido.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.  I actually just found the problem.  I removed the line
>
> ftpClient.setFileTransferMode(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);
>
> and that made it work. It was wrong, since the parameter was not correct.

Actually, this line is wrong too:

ftpClient.setFileType(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE, FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);

The second parameter should either be omitted, or it should be one of
the _FORMAT constants.

Unfortunately the parameters are ints rather than enums so the
compiler cannot generate an error if you use the wrong one.

> On 08/12/2012, at 2:42 AM, sebb wrote:
>
>> On 7 December 2012 14:16, Ari Fainchtein <artwork@lechido.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to use the FTPClient to upload files and everything is working fine
except that the files arrive all garbled to the server.  I have tried with pdfs and jpegs
and  in both case the files are corrupted.