commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] uncompress utility?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:53:45 GMT
On 2012-12-20, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> I'm looking at options for how to take an archive file (zip,gz,tar,etc) and
> extract it to the file system.  (like running unzip file.zip -d folder)

> I see org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.Lister, but I don't see any
> obvious (general) way to write this to disk.

Compress currently views itself as library to build tools like the one
you describe.  Lister really isn't much more than a POC.

It schould be fairly easy to grab some code from Compress' unit tests
and docs to put together a generic uncompressor.

A more complex example might be the Compress Antlib which provides Ant
tasks based on Commons Compress (for creating and extracting archives)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/compress/trunk/

Stefan