commons-user mailing list archives

From Jim Barnett <Jim.Barn...@genesyslab.com>
Subject RE: [scxml] update data model
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:05:51 GMT
Use the 'delay' attribute on <send> to create a timer.  Then add an event handler/transition
that catches the delayed event and updates the data model (using the executable content that
is a child  of <transition>).

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Riccardo Manoni [mailto:arduinowifishield@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:00 PM
To: user@commons.apache.org
Subject: [scxml] update data model

Hi all,

i'm new to scxml so here i am with a (maybe dumb..) question: is it possible to update the
datamodel or "raise" an event from a java method? For example, in the StopWatch use case,
can i force the life cycle to go in "reset" state when 10sec elapsed?

My intention is let the data model knows about the time elapsed since the "start", so i think
i need a way to communicate the seconds elapsed to the data model... Can someone point me
in the right direction? Thanks.